Quality and safety in healthcare
About this course
Within this course you will find a series of learning modules which will provide you with a good foundation in some of the theory behind patient safety as well as structured information about how to carry out a successful quality improvement project. Whilst the information is centred around doctors, it is equally applicable to all healthcare professions.
After completing this course you should know:
- The importance of patient safety in healthcare
- How systems can compromise patient care and are the key to making it better
- The impact of Human Factors on quality and safety
- The importance of leadership in improving care
- How to design an intervention to a problem
- How to engage others in your interventions
- How to undertake measurement within quality improvement
- What the model for improvement it and how it is used in quality improvement.
Modules in this course
|BMJ Learning courses||10 credits, 10:00 hours||This course is accredited to the combined value of the modules it contains|
11 Jul 2012