Anaemia in old age: common presentations
This extended, in-depth, case-based module covers the diagnosis and management of anaemia in older patients. It contains practical advice for GPs on decision-making when investigating and treating older patients with anaemia, with a focus on medical ethics.
After completing this module you should be able to:
- Know the common causes of anaemia in old age
- Appreciate the recommended investigations for patients with anaemia, in particular iron deficiency anaemia
- Weigh up the risks and benefits of investigations and communicate this to patients and their families
- Treat the common causes of anaemia in old age
- Know when to refer patients with anaemia to a specialist.
Peer reviewed by:
25 Sep 2015
14 Jan 2011
|BMJ Learning||2 credits, 2:00 hours||BMJ Learning has assigned two hours of credit to this module.|
|BMJ Learning||1 credit, 1:00 hour||BMJ Learning has assigned one hour of credit to this module|
|Pakistan Society of Family Physicians||1 credit, 1:00 hour||The Pakistan Society of Family Physicians has assigned 1 hour of credit to this module.|
|UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention||1 credit, 1:00 hour||This Program has been awarded 1 CPD Credit Hour by the UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention.|
|University of Health Sciences Lahore||1 credit, 1:00 hour||University of Health Sciences Lahore has assigned 1 hour of credit to this module.|