GPs, GP trainees, Hospital doctors....
Dementia: diagnosis and assessment- Archived [?]
After completing this module you should know:
- Why it is important to screen for cognitive impairment
- How to screen for cognitive impairment using standard tests
- How to distinguish between acute and chronic cognitive impairment
- The main features of the three main types of dementia:
- Alzheimer's disease
- Vascular dementia
- Dementia with Lewy bodies
- When you should refer patients to a specialist.
|The Supreme Council of Health in Qatar||1 credit, 1:00 hour||This is to state that the Supreme Council of Health represented by the Accreditation Department of the Qatar Council for Health Practitioners recognizes BMJ Learning as being accredited for the purposes of continuous medical education (CME)/continuing professional development (CPD) in the State of Qatar. Healthcare professionals in Qatar can thus claim continuing professional development credits for their activity on BMJ Learning. Completion of one learning module is considered to be the equivalent of 1 credit or 1 hour of learning.|