GPs,GP trainees,Hospital doctors....
Barrett's oesophagus - diagnosis and management- Archived [?]
Through interactive case histories, learn how to diagnose and manage Barrett's oesophagus, learn the dysplasia grading system in Barrett's oesophagus, and learn treatments for the condition. With multimedia video.
After completing this module, you should be able to:
- Understand how Barrett's oesophagus can progress to oesophageal adenocarcinoma
- Identify patients at higher risk of developing Barrett's oesophagus
- Know when to refer patients at high risk of Barrett's oesophagus for endoscopy
- Understand how Barrett's oesophagus is diagnosed
- Recognise which patients should have long term surveillance with endoscopy
- Understand the dysplasia grading system in Barrett's oesophagus, and feel confident about explaining this to patients
- Understand the treatments available for Barrett's oesophagus, high grade dysplasia, and early oesophageal cancer, and feel confident about explaining these to patients.
Peer reviewed by:
Dr Laurence Lovat
27 Nov 2014
31 Jul 2013
|ASCOFAME||1:00 hour||BMJ Learning has assigned 1 hour of CPD/CME credit to this module. BMJ Learning modules are being certified for ASCOFAME VIRTUAL (Colombia).|
|Australian College of Nursing||1 credit, 1:00 hour||ACN 3LP participants can claim 1 CNE point per hour of active learning for modules that are directly related to their area of nursing practice (no limit).|
|Bahrain Defence Force Hospital||1 credit, 1:00 hour||The Bahrain Defence Force Military Hospital represented by the Ministry of Defence Bahrain recognises BMJ Learning as being accredited for the purpose of continuous medical education (CME)/continuous professional development (CPD) in BDF. Healthcare professionals can thus claim continuous professional development credits for their activity in BMJ Learning. Completion of one module is considered the equivalent of one credit or one hour of learning.|
|Kuwait Institute for Medical Specialization||1 credit, 1:00 hour||Kuwait Institute for Medical Specialization (KIMS) of the Ministry of Health, State of Kuwait is the authority responsible for organising all aspects of postgraduate training of medical practitioners and other health professionals in Kuwait. Users within Kuwait can claim one hour or one credit per hour of learning completed.|
|Royal Australasian College of Physicians||1:00 hour||The RACP does not accredit CPD activities, but MyCPD Program guidelines state that fellows can claim a maximum of 50 credits per year for online learning under 'Category 6 - Other Learning Activities'.|
|The Colleges of Medicine of South Africa||3 credits||The Colleges of Medicine of South Africa has accredited this BMJ Learning module (accreditation number: MDB014/254/06/2010)|