Foundation doctors,Medical trainees
Hospital presentations: falls
An interactive case based module for medical trainees covering the risk factors and assessment of falls, as well as further investigations, pain relief, and managing the consequences.
After completing this module, you should have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Recall causes of falls and risk factors for falls in the community setting
- Perform an assessment of a patient presenting to hospital after a fall in the community, and give a differential diagnosis
- Identify consequences of falls
- Distinguish between syncope and fall
- Decide when further investigation is necessary
- Commence appropriate treatment including pain relief
- Understand the risk factors for inpatient falls, and strategies that can be put in place to reduce them.
Peer reviewed by:
Emma Bailey, Jonathan Treml
10 May 2017
14 Sep 2016
|BMJ Learning||1 credit, 1:00 hour||BMJ Learning has assigned one hour of credit to this module|