- You may be eligible for free access. Recommend BMJ Learning to your institution
- Get weekly personalised updates on modules relevant to you. Sign up for email alerts from BMJ Learning
- BMJ Learning now features modules in 10 languages. Change your language settings at the top right of the page to view the translated modules.
You may be eligible for free access. Recommend BMJ Learning to your institution
Get weekly personalised updates on modules relevant to you. Sign up for email alerts from BMJ Learning
BMJ Learning now features modules in 10 languages. Change your language settings at the top right of the page to view the translated modules.
This module has been supported by an educational grant from the National Patient Safety Agency, which is now part of the NHS Commissioning Board Special Health Authority.
GPs, GP trainees, Hospital doctors....
Maintaining patients on anticoagulants: how to do it
After completing this module you should better appreciate:
- The harms caused by warfarin and how to avoid them
- The pros and cons of different models of care for long term anticoagulation with warfarin
- Best practice for dose adjustment and ongoing monitoring of warfarin
- The advantages of computerised dosing support systems
- Recommendations for patients undergoing cardioversion, dental treatment, endoscopy, or surgery.
|ASCOFAME||1:00 hour||BMJ Learning has assigned 1 hour of CPD/CME credit to this module. BMJ Learning modules are being certified for ASCOFAME VIRTUAL (Colombia).|
|Australian Practice Nurses Association||1 credit, 1:00 hour||BMJ Learning has achieved the status of an APNA Endorsed Education Provider|
|Austrian Academy of Physicians||1 credit, 1:00 hour||BMJ Learning modules have been certified for DFT Punkte. DFT Punkte are accepted in Austria|
|BMJ Learning||1 credit, 1:00 hour||BMJ Learning has assigned one hour of CPD/CME credit to this module|
|Dubai Health Authority||2 credits, 2:00 hours||BMJ Learning is approved as a CME resource by the Dubai Health Authority (accreditation number 0254/11)|
|Kuwait Institute for Medical Specialization||1:00 hour||Kuwait Institute for Medical Specialization (KIMS) of the Ministry of Health, State of Kuwait is the authority responsible for organising all aspects of postgraduate training of medical practitioners and other health professionals in Kuwait. Users within Kuwait can claim one hour or one credit per hour of learning completed.|
|Oman Medical Specialty Board||0.5 credits||The Oman Medical Specialty Board accredits this module for 0.5 credit points under Category II|
|Royal Australasian College of Physicians||1:00 hour||The RACP does not accredit CPD activities, but MyCPD Program guidelines state that fellows can claim a maximum of 50 credits per year for online learning under 'Category 6 - Other Learning Activities'.|
|The Colleges of Medicine of South Africa||3 credits||The Colleges of Medicine of South Africa has accredited this BMJ Learning module (accreditation number: MDB014/254/06/2010)|
|The Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners||1 credit, 1:00 hour||RNZCGP endorses the British Medical Journal online CME programmes|