Foundation doctors,Medical trainees
Safe prescribing in patients with kidney impairment
An interactive case based module for medical trainees covering common hospital prescribing scenarios in patients with acute and chronic kidney impairment, including advice on antibiotics, anticoagulants, antidiabetic agents, and antihypertensives.
After completing this module you should have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Recognise common nephrotoxic medications
- Avoid common drug interactions in patients with acute and chronic kidney impairment
- Understand the need for therapeutic drug monitoring and dose modification in patients with acute and chronic kidney impairment
- Identify and risk stratify chronic kidney disease
- Recognise the need for careful assessment of fluid balance in patients with chronic kidney disease, and the need to review and re-examine regularly.
Peer reviewed by:
Mark S MacGregor, Aileen Dunleavy
29 Jun 2017
16 May 2017
|BMJ Learning||1.5 credits, 1:30 hours||BMJ Learning has assigned 90 minutes of credit to this module|