Hospital doctors, Foundation doctors, Medical Students....
Management of acute pain in adults: a guide for foundation doctors
After completing this course of modules, you should:
- Understand the importance of pain assessment
- Know how to use an analgesic ladder to guide treatment
- Be familiar with common analgesic drugs and their side effects
- Know how to assess a patient who presents acutely with loin pain or renal colic
- Be able to adapt this knowledge to specific patients, including elderly patients, patients with renal impairment, and patients on long term opioids.
Modules in this course
|BMJ Learning courses||2.5 credits, 2:30 hours||This course is accredited to the combined value of the modules it contains.|
22 Apr 2014
22 Apr 2016