Login box: BMA local representatives
BMJ Learning for BMA LNC representatives
BMA has a comprehensive training program for Local Negotiating Committee representatives. You can begin by signing in to BMJ Learning where you can complete our introductory module. After you have done this we will write to your employer to confirm that you are an accredited BMA representative.
You will then be invited to attend face to face training with our experienced industrial relations officers. You can also complete our optional online modules which provide further training in areas such as your legal rights as a representative and skills such as negotiation and communicating with members.
We welcome feedback on our training process. If you have any comments, please do not hesitate to contact Nelly Takla-Wright: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local representatives modules
Understanding the role of the representative - this course covers:
- Module 1: The role of the BMA and national and local negotiations
- Module 2: The role of the BMA and the LNC
- Module 3: The skills of an effective BMA representative
- Module 4: Interpersonal and influencing skills to run an effective LNC
- Module 5: Leadership and running an effective LNC
- Module 6: Negotiating principles, skills and local agreements
- Module 7: Identifying internal and external influences on the LNC