Hospital doctors,Foundation doctors,Medical trainees....
Hospital presentations: accidental hypothermia
A case based module for internal medicine trainees on how to assess and manage a patient admitted with hypothermia
After completing this module you should know:
- The causes of hypothermia
- The initial management of hypothermia
- The perturbations caused by hypothermia including ECG and blood test interpretation
- The emergency management of hypothermia as per advanced life support (ALS) guidelines
- How to appropriately monitor the patient.
Alert! Consider coronavirus disease 2019 in any patient with symptoms including cough, fever, dyspnoea, myalgia, and fatigue; take infection control precautions and follow local guidelines. This module has not been updated to include specific information on COVID-19.
Peer reviewed by:
18 Jun 2019
04 Dec 2015
|BMJ Learning||1 credit, 1:00 hour||BMJ Learning has assigned one hour of credit to this module|