Hospital doctors,Foundation doctors,Medical trainees....
Hospital presentations: anaphylaxis
A case based module for internal medicine trainees on the recognition, assessment and treatment of this important emergency presentation
After completing this module, you should have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Identify physiological perturbations causing anaphylactic shock
- Recognise clinical manifestations of anaphylactic shock
- Elucidate causes of anaphylactic shock
- Recognise clinical consequences of acute anaphylaxis
- Perform immediate physical assessment
- Institute resuscitation (adrenaline/epinephrine), oxygen, IV access, fluids
- Arrange monitoring of relevant indices
- Order, interpret and act on initial investigations.
Peer reviewed by:
20 Nov 2017
29 Oct 2015
|BMJ Learning||1 credit, 1:00 hour||BMJ Learning has assigned one hour of credit to this module|