Hospital doctors,Foundation doctors,Medical trainees....
Hospital presentations: bruising and spontaneous bleeding
An interactive case based module for medical trainees covering causes, assessment, investigation and initial treatment of bleeding disorders.
After completing this module you should have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Identify the different types of easy bruising and their possible causes, depending on the site, age of the patient, and details of the history
- State which first line investigations are required, depending on the likely diagnosis, and interpret and act on these investigations appropriately
- Identify the common clinical presentations of coagulation disorders
- Identify the pattern of bleeding associated with thrombocytopenia
- Identify the need for urgent investigations
- Initiate first line management in consultation with a senior clinician.
Peer reviewed by:
19 Mar 2018
29 Feb 2016
|BMJ Learning||1 credit, 1:00 hour||BMJ Learning has assigned one hour of credit to this module|