Hospital doctors,Foundation doctors,Medical trainees....
Hospital presentations: dyspepsia
A case based module for internal medicine trainees on how to assess and manage dyspepsia
After completing this module, you should know:
- The criteria for diagnosing dyspepsia and the common underlying causes
- How to investigate dyspepsia, including indications for endoscopy
- Red flag symptoms that may indicate malignancy
- Indications for, and caution in using, proton pump inhibitor therapy
- The role of H pylori in dyspepsia, and when to prescribe eradication therapy.
Alert! Consider coronavirus disease 2019 in any patient with symptoms including cough, fever, dyspnoea, myalgia, and fatigue; take infection control precautions and follow local guidelines. This module has not been updated to include specific information on COVID-19.
Peer reviewed by:
31 Oct 2017
29 Oct 2015
|BMJ Learning||1 credit, 1:00 hour||BMJ Learning has assigned one hour of credit to this module|