Hospital doctors,Foundation doctors,Medical trainees....
Hospital presentations: dyspepsia
A case based module for internal medicine trainees on how to assess and manage dyspepsia
After completing this module, you should know:
- The criteria for diagnosing dyspepsia and the common underlying causes
- How to investigate dyspepsia, including indications for endoscopy
- Red flag symptoms that may indicate malignancy
- Indications for, and caution in using, proton pump inhibitor therapy
- The role of H pylori in dyspepsia, and when to prescribe eradication therapy.
Peer reviewed by:
31 Oct 2017
29 Oct 2015
|BMJ Learning||1 credit, 1:00 hour||BMJ Learning has assigned one hour of credit to this module|