Hospital doctors,Foundation doctors,Medical trainees....
Hospital presentations: Headache
A case based interactive module for internal medicine trainees on the assessment and initial management of four patients presenting with headache.
After completing this module you should have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Recognise the different presentations of acute new headache and relate them to the underlying cause
- Understand the pathophysiology of headache
- Know when to arrange an urgent computed tomography or magnetic resonance imaging scan for a patient with headache
- Recognise the clinical features of raised intracranial pressure
- Know when to instigate prompt drug treatment of different types of headache.
Peer reviewed by:
25 Feb 2019
01 Oct 2018
|BMJ Learning||1.5 credits, 1:30 hours||BMJ Learning has assigned one and a half hours of credit to this module.|