Hospital doctors,Foundation doctors,Medical trainees....
Hospital presentations: upper abdominal mass
An interactive module for internal medicine trainees on the assessment, recognition, and initial treatment of patients presenting with an upper abdominal mass and/or hepatosplenomegaly.
After completing this module you should have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of diseases presenting with upper abdominal masses
- Appreciate the risk factors associated with these diseases
- Suggest relevant investigations for upper abdominal masses and hepatosplenomegaly based on the history and examination
- Interpret clinical findings to establish the likely diagnosis and the key differentials
- Initiate a management plan.
Maria Bashyam, Kohilan Gananandan, Aymar Postgate
Peer reviewed by:
17 May 2018
17 May 2018
|Azerbaijan: The Scientific-Medical Council of the Ministry of Health of Azerbaijan Republic||1.5 credits, 1:30 hours||The Scientific-Medical Council of the Ministry of Health of Azerbaijan Republic has assigned and hour and a half of CPD/CME credit to this module.|
|BMJ Learning||1.5 credits, 1:30 hours||BMJ Learning has assigned one and a half hours of credit to this module.|
|Lam Dong Medical College||1.5 credits, 1:30 hours||Lam Dong Medical College has assigned 1 hour and 30 minutes of CPD/CME credit to this module.|
|The Ministry of Internally Displaced Persons from Occupied Territories, Health, Labour and Social Affairs of Georgia||1.5 credits, 1:30 hours||The Ministry of Internally Displaced Persons from Occupied Territories, Health, Labour and Social Affairs of Georgia has assigned 1 hour and 30 minutes of CPD/CME credit to this module.|
|Ukrainian Ministry of Health||0.75 credits, 1:30 hours||Ukrainian Ministry of Health has assigned 1 hour and 30 minutes of CPD/CME credit to this module.|